- Awesome hack in the countryside on the most excellent horse in the world? Check.
- Errand trip for wormer and last minute clipping supplies? Check.
- Probably horrific looking yet functional trace clip? Check.
- Horsey poulticed and wrapped for the night? Check.
- Owner who loves horsey, and horsey who seems to tolerate owner, but they're both maybe a little sick of each other for the next 12 hours? Check.
I guess I'll see tomorrow if his clip looks ok. Can't really tell because the barn lighting is crap at night. Oh well. Good news is that Soon clips like a champ without drugs. I didn't bother with a picture, but here's what he looked like on the crossties, falling asleep and getting clipped at the same time:
He also has some retained heat/swelling in his right hind after a cut got infected. Threw some poultice on it and wrapped him for the night, which amazingly enough was way more of a workout than the clipping. It was a battle of wills regarding him not standing correctly...he's a smart cookie. Got him wrapped anyway, tucked him in with some extra hay and cookies, and I will enjoy sleeping in tomorrow morning, LOL.
Today's hack was beautiful and we enjoyed the nice, sunny weather. Soon and I went out on our own this week, and the whole time he's walking along on a long rein, even with the occasional car (thankfully this time drivers minded their manners) and the wind whipping around. He's a star trail horse. Love him. :)