Friday, October 11, 2013

One of those horse show truths...



It's just a truth of horse showing, no matter the discipline.  People get up at the ass crack of dawn, and want lunch by 10am.  Back when I showed regularly (especially the local haul-in shows where you get up at 3am to braid, load, drive...), every horse show concession stand owner was greeted by me, at 10am, staring at him with $5 bill in hand:



And when I learned that the burgers hadn't been started yet ("What are you, new!!??") and it was going to be another 10 minutes:



And as those 10 minutes passed by and felt like MONTHS:



And just when I thought I was going to die all alone in the desert of hunger, how I feel when I finally get that heavenly, greasy salvation:



Amazingly enough, it's one of those random, but favorite memories of horse showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment