Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A place only love can go...

Soonie and I hacked yesterday, just went around the farm and down the road a little bit because I didn't feel like doing anything in the ring.  I need a mental escape badly right now, so yesterday's hack was nice, and we had a great flat school today.   Let me just say how much I appreciate this horse and that he's helping me once again through a tough time.

He actually loves chasing turkeys, damn near ran them into the woods

Sleepy Soonie loves head rest!

Racehorse figure officially gone, has his hunter fat

On a serious and non-horsey related note, I hope those with kids hug them a little extra tight tonight.  Appreciate the gift you have. I'm leaving the place that has been my home for the last five and a half years, a place that has been very kind to me and that I think very highly of.  But when I drive away, I'll leave a big part of my heart here.  Not my child, but one I have been around and helped bring up for the last several years.  Never take the people in your life for granted, because one day they may not be there, and you may not get a chance to say goodbye, or tell them how much you love them.  So tell them everyday.

Soonie is my boy now, and we'll head off into the sunset together and leave this place behind.  But I'll always have the memories of my time here, learning how to love another person's child as my own and what sacrifice really means.

Take my notions and words to heart
This is the cry of a man
I can't bring you fortune or noble life
But I'll love you all I can

Oh, I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only love can go
There is a place only you can go

(Needtobreathe, "A Place Only You Can Go")
 


No comments:

Post a Comment