Thursday, November 13, 2014

Adventures in Jumping the Mounting Block

Soonie and I had another jumping lesson with Awesome Trainer Lady tonight in the indoor.  Now that we're stuck to riding inside on weeknights due to the daylight hours, these indoor jump schools are probably going to be very interesting.  And tonight really set that tone!

Standing over his accomplishment

Soonie learned how to jump arrowheads and corners today!  And it has been eight or so years since I did any, so it was a great re-introduction for me too.  I'll cut to the chase and say he was amazing.  We introduced the questions to him slowly, and by the end of the lesson he was doing both with lots of confidence.  And yes, it was freaking weird jumping straight over the mounting block in each direction.  It's late and I'll add more details later, but I cannot get over how fun that was and how great Soon was.  He got about four carrots for awesomeness.


All tucked in and ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment