Saturday, February 15, 2014

Trauma time

I forgot to mention that yesterday Soon came in with yet another wound from his antics outdoors.  He had gone months out in the big field without a scratch, but in the last three weeks or so, he has managed to scrape or cut himself up now five separate times.  I get it, horses get hurt.  I don't mind doing basic first aid, but it's been a frequent thing lately.  I'm hoping he's going to figure out how to play halter-less halter tag without getting his sweet ass kicked by pretty much everyone.

So yesterday, he ripped one of his chestnuts off....
Outstanding!

 ....yeah.  I don't know how he did that, I'm not sure I even care at this point.  I'm running out of 4x4's and I need more Betadine.  Come on, man.  I don't want to be the Debbie Downer mom, but he sucks at halter-less halter tag.  Go play, and come back without missing chunks of yo'self.

 At least he's a perfect patient. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment