Thursday, December 19, 2013

How to Train Your Overgrown Horse...err, Dragon



I loved the first "How to Train Your Dragon" movie.  I got dragged to it with the kids, but ended up loving it probably more than the five year olds did.  It's just something about the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless that was very unique and akin to the type of relationship a good horse and rider pair have (heck, I even talk to my horses the same way Hiccup talks to Toothless, lol).  Their flying scenes reminded me so much of the times I'd take some of my great horses out for a gallop.  We flew without wings.  I laughed and yelled with happiness when we hit full stride, I paused and took in a quiet sunset from horseback on top of the hills, and I cried into their necks when I lost valued partners.  Having that special partnership with another species is something that is so incredible and meaningful that words honestly fail to describe it.  Like, it makes me cry thinking about it.

So when the sequel was announced I was thrilled.  The trailer's officially out, and I can't wait to see it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment