Saturday, June 29, 2019

First week back, still no house

Well...the military lost my household goods scheduling request so suffice it to say, I did not get my stuff this week like I had hoped.  It should be here by 17 July, so at least it will get here.  In the meantime I'm still in the hotel, soon to be sleeping in my house on an air bed...joy.

Good news is, Sig is a superstar.  We've had several rides, all of them good and even the one not-so-good wasn't so bad.   Today we cantered for the first time since I came back, and he gave me some nice moments to the right, showing me that softness and balance is there.  He scooted and tried to buck to the left (we were outside in the jump field and he had his objections to being out there), but that was only momentary and he did soften a few steps to the left as well.  We'll spend a lot more time in the walk and trot before I worry about his shape in the canter. 

Overall I think he's feeling good, he's moving well in the trot and though yesterday he was a little tense and inconsistent, today he actually stepped out very nicely in the trot and was working over his back pretty well outside.  He's got a pretty decent trot in there!  Not only was I happy with his trot today - his balance, his softness, how he was getting over his back and loose through his body - I was also very happy with how he settled into the work.  He didn't want to be outside.  All his buddies were in the indoor, it was hot, buggy, and it was next to the road and he doesn't love the traffic.  He politely protested the first part of the ride. Despite that, after about 10 minutes of walking exercises, he relaxed nicely and once he got into the trot, really started to let go and focus on the work. 

He felt really super and it was one of those rides that really put a smile on my face, because I think he's going to be a really cool ride in the future.

Most handsome grass vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment