Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Five More Minutes

I knew there would be a day when he had to leave and would break my heart.  I hoped, that in that moment, that I would not be standing there pleading for more time.  That I would have the strength to let him go and feel satisfied with our time together.  And I did let him go when it was time, I didn't delay, I didn't bargain for more time or feel bitter that night.  I had appreciated every little moment along the journey, said thank you, told him I loved him every day.  I had done it right.



...And it doesn't matter.  Because here I am 10 days later, and what I would give to see him just one more time.



Time rolls by the clock don't stop
I wish I had a few more drops

Of the good stuff, the good times
Oh but they just keep on flying
Right on by like it ain't nothing
Wish I had me a pause button
Moments like those Lord knows I'd hit it
Yeah sometimes
this old life will leave you wishing
That you had five more minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment