Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday fun ride and laundry

Soonie and I had a great Sunday!  We rode outside in the (not quite completed) outdoor ring for the first time, and despite the new surroundings, wind and cooler temperatures, he was foot perfect the whole time.  He was a little sticky at first because he was checking out the footing, but I was able to get him up in front of my leg and into the bridle well enough.  Even got some good trot stretch, canter and flying changes.

Our extra fun time moment was trotting and cantering through the puddles on the long side of the arena.  He was totally ok with having muddy/wet adventures and was very brave.  They were just small puddles, but it put a smile on my face and reminded me how much fun this horse is.  He is game for anything, and it's such a pleasure.  :)

Afterward we went for a quick hack around the turnouts and wandered back for lots of carrots and love.

Our water hazards

My favorite view <3 hacking

So adorable!

SO TIRED  ;)

I also decided today was time to wash his stuff at the hotel.  I've been putting it off because I don't want to be that asshole, but too late!  It needs to get done and I'm not waiting another two weeks to drive home to wash it.

That awkward moment when you walk in to the public laundry with an arm full of smelly, hair covered saddle pads and boots...


And when you flip the horse laundry from the wash to the dryer and people are staring at you while you are attempting to pull the horse hair out of the washer...


And someone walks in while your girth is clanking around in the dryer and no one can hear themselves think, but they're all staring at you with contempt...


No comments:

Post a Comment