Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bonding time

Since the turnouts lack grass (ok, he has a few little grass nubs to pick at out there, I caught him doing it today!), I've been trying to graze him 5-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes (up to 90 minutes if I have the time).  He loves it, and is becoming quite the grass fiend.  While he is basically outside all day now, it's still nice to get him out of the stall and moving around even more. And after all, he's a horse.  Horses should eat grass.

It's turned into a nice little evening routine.  I would show up, do our ground work or ride, and he knows once he's done, that he gets to go outside and eat.  He comes and stands by the stall door waiting for me to take him out.  Smart boy.  :)

We even have a grazing buddy.  One of the young barn cats often visits with us and spends his time begging for my attention while I let Soon graze on the end of the lead.  They are my two boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment