Sunday, February 4, 2018

Still here! Kinda...

Sig is doing awesome.  He had another two weeks off because work is kicking my ass and I never seem to be able to get out and do anything with him lately.  Also, the weather and my inability to stay healthy this winter are also playing a factor.  So, he's getting a very light winter, but I hope now that I'm beyond some major events that I can finally settle back into a routine and get out to work with him at least four days a week.  Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, he's being super about coming from behind onto the contact, does ground poles like a champ, is still hacking out like an old pro, and got a trace clip today because it was raining and there was nothing else to do.  Of course he was perfect for the clip job, he just seems so happy to be messed with that he puts up with just about anything.


The cool thing is that when I'm stressed at work, or feeling like I need to get out to the barn, I look forward to seeing Sig.  I'm not looking for Soon.  That seems like a small thing, but it's actually quite significant.  Sig has yet to put a foot wrong, he has been nothing but sweet, nothing but kind and willing, and nothing but a fun young horse.  When I am missing being at the barn, I am now missing him.  I will always miss Soonie, but now I am truly starting to fall in love with Sig and look forward to the progress that we're making. 

Hopefully more updates, photos, and videos in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment