Tuesday, September 26, 2017

....And Then I Lost All Faith in Humanity.

I had some very mixed feelings about my weekend and my value as a horse owner driving back from Piedmont.  It was a good weekend in the end, but I needed some time to mull over it and see it that way.  In the moment, I wasn't so sure, and when I got home, I really was rather regretting it.

Why?  Because this:







....Yeah.

I traveled home with the back doors open as it was 85+ degrees and I felt like Soon needed the extra ventilation.  And some ASSHOLE thought it would be funny to target a live, innocent animal in the back of a moving trailer with a paintball gun.  Soonie was okay.  He had a welt where he was hit, but otherwise unhurt and completely himself.  I feel extremely fortunate that he is so level-headed, as this could have caused a tragic accident if he had spooked in the trailer.

 I've had my screaming fits over this, I cried after I got Soon cleaned up.  I've called or emailed every law enforcement agency I can think of that might be the least bit interested.  My friends and fellow horsemen have all offered their sympathy and shared outrage.  I've learned yet again why I hate the greater DC area and why I despise the lower rungs of humanity that dwell here.

This is why I hate people.  This is why horses are too good for us.

2 comments:

  1. hohhhhlyyyyy shit. I'm so sorry - *screams into cake a la Tina Fey. That's just insane.
    (oh, btw, new reader from.... Contact? Poor Woman Showing? I forget)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tina Fey cake remark made me laugh so I thank you! Next time I'm ranting to myself about this it will be out loud and over cake. Welcome to the blog and thanks for reading!

      Delete