Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Horse Therapy

This horse made my day today.

Handsome man

My grandmother passed away this afternoon.  It was not unexpected, but it's still painful, especially being away from family and alone.  I spent all day waiting - it was one of those days where you just don't smile, the hours pass numbly...word came as soon as I got home from work.  I went to the barn thinking I'd just hop on and take a quiet walk (in the indoor, since it was pouring outside), just talk to the horse and mostly avoid conversation with people.  Cuddly time with Soonie was badly needed, my motivation came to me and we had a nice, relaxed little flat school and popped over a vertical.  We are redeemed!  He was forward, yet soft, patient, and relaxed today about the jumping - definitely foot perfect.  We did straight approaches, even some angled jumps to make figure eights, and he was great through all of it.  It was nice to do something simple to build confidence and have a great ride.  I think we both needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment